Genius Tour Search Engine:
Dating from the 11th century, Montmorillon is ont of the fifteen cities in Europe that are devoted to reading, writing and books, and this, since the year 2000.
Shops were all restored as they were in the Middle Ages.
Twenty shops are devoted to books in thye village.
The visit is set-up as if you were reading a book:
- Start with "La Preface": this building is the reception point where you will find all practical information on shopping and entertainment.
- From there, the tour continues by choosing the "chapters" ...
This can be specialized libraries such as:
- Enfantina for children,
- School books of the years 1960s,
- Artists (movies, singers),
- Arts, ...
- Recreation schools,
- Pere Castor,
- Album Rose,
- Livres de poche,
- BibliothÃ¨que Verte et Rose,
- Specialist of the Rossignol Editions and for old school objects,
- Classical music, ...
or temporary exhibitions, such as "The Adventure of the typewriter and of the calculator".
Montmorillon is located at 52km away from Poitiers, at the South-East (via the road N147) and at 90km in the North of Limoges (via the road N520).
N 46Â°25'37'', O 00Â°52'18''
Click here to see the route (on a new tab)
Shops and cafes-libraries are open generally from 09:00 to 19:00 from Tuesday to Saturday.
Located 3 rue Bernard Harent, "The Preface" is open:
- From Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 to 12:30 and from 14:00 to 18:00.
- In July and August, it is open from 10:00 to 12:30 and from 14:00 to 19:00.
- From April to September, it is open on Mondays and bank holidays and during the school holidays.
Disclaimer : The management team of the destination has the possibility to change the opening days and hours without prior communication.
All bookstores are accessible to people with reduced mobility.